Date: 31/07/2016, Sunday
Habitat: Shanubhogana / Subbarayana Kere & surroundings
Duration: 7.00 to 10.00 AM
- Sighted 37 and 51 species of butterfly and birds respectively.
- Among butterflies SMALL SALMON ARAB, YELLOW ORANGE TIP & COMMON CASTORs were very active. Observed congregation of ASIAN OPENBILL (14 nos) along with SPOT-BILLED DUCK, COOT, and LITTLE GREBE on tank shores, where villagers in en mass were washing their utensils and clothes.
- Breeding activity of the SMALL MINIVET was the highlight; a female was incubating, and the male was feeding the female regularly.
- Moreover, observed few plants in flower: PEDALIUM MUREX, CHROZOPHORA ROTTLERI, AERVA LENATA & HIBISCUS MICRANTHUS.
When : 31/07/2016, Sunday
Where : Subbarayana Kere and surroundings, Mysore City outskirts
Habitat : Lake, Non-irrigated Fields, plantations and Fallow land.
How long : 07.00 to 10.00 AM
Distance : 14.3 Km from Mysore Railway Station
Note & Tips:
- Program is free and open to all, people of any age or experience level are welcome to take part
- Field trip involves strolling / walking on dirt track
- Carry sufficient water and snacks for individual requirement
- Nature Walk is free of any charges
Assembly point : Parasaihana Hundi on HD Kote-Ring Road junction at 06.45 AM .
For more details, please contact : Shivaprakash A
+91-9480191661 (7 PM to 9 PM )