posted Mar 13, 2016, 4:24 AM by Sharath Adavanne
updated Apr 4, 2016, 7:47 AM
Photo: Common / Barn Swallows by Kashyap R
Date: 20/03/2016, Sunday
Habitat: Dadadahalli Kere and surroundings, Mysore City outskirts
Duration: 7.00 to 10 AM
Attendance: 27 Adults and 2 children,
Highlight: Observed 64 bird species, 12 butterflies and few flowering plant species. Interesting sightings were -
- Hectic fishing activity using Diesel driven boats
- Almost third of the water surface was covered with floating aquatic plant Water Hyacinth (Eichhornia crassipes)
- This invasive floating vegetation was accomodating good population of GREY HERON (10 nos)& PURPLE HERONs (15 nos).
- Butterflies– Crimson Rose, Common Jezbel, Common Sailor, Common Evening Brown, Common Emigrant, Common Grass Yellow, Common Crow, Common Blue Tiger, Plain Tiger.
- Active odonata species – DITCH JEWEL, CORMANDEL MARSHDART, SENEGAL GOLDEN DARTLET.
- Interesting birds sighted –INDIAN BUSHLARK, RED AVADAVET, GREATER SPOTTED EAGLE, MARSH HARRIER & CRESTED SERPENT EAGLE.
When : 20/03/2016, Sunday
Where : Dadadahalli Kere and surroundings, Mysore City outskirts
Habitat : Lake, Non-irrigated Fields and Fallow land.
How long : 07.00 to 10.00 AM
Distance : 13 Km from Mysore Railway Station
Note & Tips:
- Program is free and open to all, people of any age or experience level are welcome to take part
- Field trip involves strolling / walking on dirt track
- Carry sufficient water and snacks for individual requirement
- Nature Walk is free of any charges
Assembly point : Deviation point to Dadadahalli kere on Mysore- Kadakola Road via Dadadahalli, at 06.45 AM.
For more details, please contact: Shivaprakash A
+91-9480191661 (7 PM to 9 PM )