posted May 6, 2014, 9:25 PM by Sharath Adavanne
updated Dec 28, 2014, 1:10 AM
Date : 18/05/2014, Sunday
Place : Hebbal Kere and surroundings, Hebbal Industrial Area, Mysore City
Habitat: Lake & Coconut farms within Industrial area with few large -local trees
Duration : 4 Hours (6.30 to 10.30 AM)
- Birders participated -17
- Vegetation turned green after few summer rains. Butterflies have started appearing (12 species) after rains. Interesting ones -PEACOCK PANSY, SMALL SALMON ARAB, WHITE/CRIMSON/PLAIN ORANGE TIP. PLAIN TIGER was laying eggs.
- Water level is improved but very much polluted; still found fresh water species like DARTER, COMMON KINGFISHER, PIED KINGFISHER among 68 bird species observed.
- Fruiting of AZIMA TETRACANTHA, CORDIA DICHOTOMA; flowering of CLEOME VISCOSA, IPOMOEA CAIRICA.
- Distribution of grids for proposed June month’s ‘Mysore City Bird Atlas’ program discussed and allotted. Others can choose .
- Few interesting sightings:
When : 18.05.2014, Sunday
Where : Hebbal kere and
Habitat: Lake and
long : 4 Hours (06.30 to 10.30 AM) Distance : 9 Km from Mysore Charges/Fee
: None Instructions
1. Program is
open to all
sufficient water and snacks for individual requirement
3. Please make your own vehicle arrangement
to reach the location. Planned properly can save fuel, so pooling is essential.
4. You can decide yourself to come with or without camera (In
one of the nature walk it is proved better observation of birds is possible
Assembly point : Hebbal tank entrance by 06.30 am