posted Jul 6, 2014, 9:42 PM by Sharath Adavanne
updated Dec 28, 2014, 1:09 AM
Date: 20/07/2014, Sunday
Habitat: Canal fed tank and agriculture fields
Duration: Three Hours (7.00 to 10.00 AM)
Highlight: This part of Mysore outskirts (east) is still dry compared to the western part. Extensive fishing with three coracles. Participants (28) observed 24 butterfly & 69 birds species. Few interesting ones
- Birds – YELLOW-BITTERN, PIED CUCKOO, CRESTED SERPENT EAGLE; Breeding birds- GREAT TIT (CINEROUS TIT), PADDYFIELD PIPIT, SILVERBILL(WHITE-THROATED MUNIA), BLACK-HEADED MUNIA (TRICOLORED MUNIS)
- Butterflies – Caterpillars of ZEEBRA BLUE on PLUMBAGO ZEYLANICA & PLAIN TIGER on CALOTROPIS GIGANTEA plants. And adults - COMMON LEOPARD, BUSH HOPPER, COMMON WANDERs showed up.
- Plants – LUDWIGIA OCTOWALVIS, CORDIA DOCHOTOMA, MIKANIA MICRANTHUS, TRICHODESMA INDICUM(FL), MORINDA TOMENTOSA (FL &FR), STREBLUS ASPER, IPOMEA OBSCURA (FL), etc.,
- Sadananda KB guided the nature walk after a gap of 7 months.
- Plants identification credit: KB Sadananda & K. Sampath Kumar K.
- View today’s checklist online Pic: Oriental Garden Lizard Calotes versicolor
When : 20.07.2014, Sunday
Where : Kesare Doddakere / Kamana Kere, Mysore city outskirts
Habitat : Lake and agriculture fields.
How long : 3 Hours (7.00 to 10.00 AM)
Distance : 10 Km from Mysore Railway Station ( Route Map attached)
Charges/Fee : None
1. Program is open to all
2. Carry sufficient water and snacks for individual requirement
3. Please make your own vehicle arrangement. Two/Four wheeler pooling is preferred.