posted May 23, 2013, 7:55 AM by Sharath Adavanne
updated Dec 28, 2014, 1:13 AM
Duration: 6.15 -10.45 hr
Participants: 26 members
Habitat: Tank, shoreline, Wood Land and Garden
- Observed: 38 plants in flower, 31 butterfly species and 63 bird species.
- Fascinating flowers observed -TRIUMFETTA ROTUNDIFOLIA, PTEROSPERMUM ACERIFOLIUM, IPOMEA AQUATICA, and MORINDA PUBESCENS
- BLACK WINGED STILT supposed to have left for breeding ground are still present in good numbers (Over wintering, 30 nos). Fig: Blue Tiger congregation by M Sahana
- Guest appearance act by PLUM-HEADED PARAKEETs (these are not Mysore resident birds; who knows they may by roosting in small numbers in the city centre along with ROSE-RINGED PARAKEETs)
- All the twelve PHEASANT-TAILED JACANAs that were present have acquired breeding plumage; so, are CATTLE EGRET, LITTLE EGRET, and POND HERON.
- RED-RUMPED SWALLOW & JERDON’S BUSHLARK were incubating.
- Congregation of BLUE TIGER & PLAIN TIGER butterflies on HELIOTROPIUM INDICUM & CROTALARIA RETUSA. Other few interesting butterflies - DARK-BLUE TIGER, PLAINS CUPID, BRIGHT BABUL BLUE & COMMON LINEBLUE
When : 02.06.2013, Sunday Where : In Lingambudhi Kere
surroundings, Wood Land, Garden
long : 06.15 to 09.00 AM
Distance : 7 Km from Mysore Railway Station
is open to all
sufficient water and snacks for individual requirement
3. Please make your own vehicle arrangement to reach
Assembly point : Lingambudhi Kere main entrance, as marked in map, 06.15
For more details, please contact : Shivaprakash A
+91-9480191661 / 0821-2461096 (7 PM to 9 PM )