HABITATS: Freshwater tank
JURISDICTION: Minor Irrigation Dept, Zilla Parishat
1. A1 (THREATENED SPECIES/VULNERABLE)
- Spot Billed Pelican Pelecanus philippensis
- Greater Spotted Eagle Aquila clanga
2. A4i (= 1 BIOGEOGRAPHIC POPULATION)
- Garganey Anas querquedula
- Comb Duck Sarkidiornis melanotos
- Black-tailed Gowit Limosa limosa
3. A4iii (= 20,000 WATERBIRDS)
PROTECTION STATUS: Not officially portected
THREATS AND CONSERVATION ISSUES
POACHING: PERSISTING - People involved in ducks supplying to the royal kitchens of the Mysore Palace, have still not changed their practices.
SPREAD OF WEEDS: PERSISTING
POOR MAINTENANCE OF LAKE: EXISTING AND CONTINUED -Recently laid canals providing irrigation water has led to negligence of lake
EFFLUENT INLET: ADDED -Possibility of mixing effluent discharged from nearby Sugar factory is taking its toll.