Winter Bird Monitoring Program (2019-20)
SINGLE-DAY MID-WINTER BIRD CENSUS -12/01/2020: As in the previous years, we will go for a single day bird census on 12/1/2020. Please keep a day free for this season's bird census.
- It is not a competition; observe the birds in the field for its proper identification, activity and it will fine-tune our birding skills. Note down.
- Intimate in advance the route planned (Refer Excel sheet marked) , so that other interested birders can join the team or others can take a different route. TRY TO HAVE MINIMUM TWO MEMBERS for any unknown eventuality.
- Enter the data in “e-bird” website in-situ or as soon as you are back from the day-long birding trip. Post the link on facebook/ mysorenature or the data filled form/Excel sheet for data compilation.
- Upload in eBird: Shared with MMCBCG (User name, for easy compilation) and in comments section add 'AWC 2020'.
- Share your interest with your friends, especially students from life science and introduce them to field study.
- Previous years data can be seen at https://www.mysorenature.org/bird-monitoring-program/winter-bird-monitoring-program