Nature walk at Arasana Kere and surroundings, Mysore district
Post date: Aug 17, 2015 4:30:37 AM
Fig: Oxyopes lineatipes LINED LYNX SPIDER
Date: 23/8/2015, Sunday
Habitat: Arasana Kere & Chikkammana Kere, Agricultural fields bordering scrub jungle
Duration: 7.00 to 11 AM
Highlight: 30+ Participants observed 59 bird, 21 butterfly and few flowering plant species. Few interesting sightings -
- Plants in Flower – Terminalia paniculata, Stachytarpheta jamaicuns, Commelina benghalensis.
- Butterflies–Southern Birdwing, Apefly, Banded Blue Pierrot, Slate Flash.
- Birds –Cotton Pygmy-Goose, White-bellied Minivet, Red Avadavat; Common Coot, Baya weaver & Tri-colored Munia were involved in breeding activity.
- An active hunting spider, LINED LYNX Oxyopes lineatipes was actively searching for prey on Calotropis gigantea green leaves.
When : 23/08/2015, Sunday
Where : Arasana Kere and surroundings, Mysore District
Habitat : Water body, Agricultural fields
How long : 07.00 to 11.00 AM
Distance : 14 Km from Mysore Railway Station
Note & Tips:
- Nature Walk is free
- Program is open to all, people of any age or experience level are welcome to take part
- Field trip involves strolling / walking on dirt track/uphill
- Carry sufficient water and snacks for individual requirement
Assembly point : Outer Ring road - HD Kote Road junction at 06.30 AM (just after Srirampura Gram Panchayat Office on HD Kote Road)
For more details, please contact:
+91-9480191661 (7 PM to 9 PM )