Nature walk at Arasana kere and surroundings
Post date: Oct 5, 2014 4:06:04 PM
Fig: Malabar Lark
Date: 19/10/2014, Sunday
Habitat: Water body, Agricultural fields and Tropical deciduous thorn-scrub
Duration: 7.00 to 11 AM
- Sri Sampath Kumar K introduced marsh, fallow land & thron-scrub vegetation. Few interesting plants observed – GREWIA TILIFOLIA, CANAVALIA GLADIATA, WRIGHTINA AROBREA, ANISOMELES INDICA, JUSTICIA GLABRA
- 21 Participants observed many plants in flowering & fruiting, 24 butterfly & 65 birds’ species.
Few interesting ones -
- Two MALABAR LARK were actively foraging in a ploughed field ajoining Arasanakere. It is a rare sighting. These are found in the vicinity of HD Kote and Piriyapattana, almost 45 Km away from the present sighting.
- Interesting Birds sighted –GARGANEY, NORTHERN PINTAIL, SHOVELER, WOOD SANDPIPER, PIED CUCKOO, BROWN SHRIKE, INDIAN GOLDEN ORIOLE, BARN SWALLOW, GREENISH WARBLER, BLYTHS' REED WARBLER, LESSER WHITE THROAT.
- Butterflies – APE FLY, PSYCHE, COMMON WANDERER, SMALL BRANDED SWIFT
- View today’s checklist online
When : 19.10.2014, Sunday
Where : Arasana Kere and surroundings
Habitat : Water body, Agricultural fields and Tropical deciduous thorn-scrub
How long : 4 Hours (7.00 to 11.00 AM)
Distance : 14 Km from Assembly point
Charges/Fee : None
Assembly point : Outer Ring road - HD Kote Road junction at 06.30 AM (just after Srirampura Gram Panchayat Office on HD Kote Road)
Instructions : 1. Program is open to all
2. Carry sufficient water /snacks/medicine for your individual requirement