Nature walk at Kukkarahalli kere
Post date: Oct 25, 2016 7:29:32 AM
Date: 30.10.2016, Sunday (Birthday of late Sri Sadananda KB)
Habitat: Tank, marsh and Woodland - Kukkarahalli Kere, Mysore City
Duration: 07.00 to 10.00 AM
- Famine effect was clearly visible – absence of undergrowth vegetation, even well-grown trees are shedding their leaves or in wilting leaves.
- 32 members graced the occasion of Late Sri Sadanand KB birthday and spent half an hour remembering him.
- Observed 70 bird species ( 16 migratory) includes four SPOT-BILLED DUCKs family consisting of 30 chicks & juveniles. More active was, solitary EURASIAN CUCKOO , searching the caterpillars and consuming them, 3 in 5 minutes. Sub-adults WHITE IBISes of last season are yet to depart from breeding island, but already SPOT-BILLED PELICANs have occupied the nesting canopy. The presence of solitary NORTHERN PINTAIL was the highlight.
- Very few butterflies were active – CRIMSON ROSE, COMMON GRASS YELLOW, COMMON CROW, PLAIN TIGER.
- Flowering plants close to water edge – MIKANIA MICRANTHA, IPOMOEA ALBA, IPOMOEA AQUATICA, IPOMOEA HEDERIFOLIA & OXYSTELMA SECAMONE.
When : 30.10.2016, Sunday (Celebrating the birthday of late Sri Sadananda KB)
Where: Kukkarahalli Kere, Mysore City
Habitat: Tank, marsh and woodland
How long: 07.00 to 10.00 AM
Distance: 3 Km from Mysore Railway Station
Assembly point and time: Close to Bhoodevi Farm, Western Gate (near Gangotri glades)
Note & Tips:
- Program is open to all
- Carry sufficient water and snacks for individual requirement