At Lingambudhi Lake
Post date: Sep 30, 2013 4:06:28 AM
Duration: 6.15 – 10.00 hr
Weather: Clear sky & warm
Participants: 30 members
Habitat: Water body, Garden, Woodland
- Bird species -51; few interesting ones- NORTHERN SHOVELER, BROWN SHRIKE, COMMON SANDPIPER, PIED CRESTED CUCKOO.
- Butterfly species -31; Interesting ones - AFRICAN MARBLED SKIPPER, APE FLY, YELLOW-ORANGE TIP.
- LITTLE GREBE carrying its chick on its back; Flock of SPOTTED MUNIA- 20+ juveniles with two adults foraging fearlessly (in presence of many birders) in short grass patches; Arrival of six OPEN-BILL STORKS to forage in open grassland
Fig: Clash of Spiders
Fig: Ape Fly
Fig: Jolly ride by Dabchick chick
One can listen closely to birds and insects, observe flights of birds and insects, experience the vegetation diversity. Concentrate your senses to look and feel – a bird, a butterfly, a flower, a dragonfly, and a spider, so on. Nature walk provides exceptional opening for direct knowledge and thrilling specially for kids. Appreciate the nature’s tranquillity and refresh your spirit in wilderness.
When : 06.10.2013, Sunday
Where : Lingambudhi Kere (Lingambudhi Bird Sanctuary), Mysore City
Habitat: Water body, and surroundings
How long : 06.15 to 10.00 AM
Distance : 7 Km from Mysore Railway Station
Note & Tips:
1. Nature Walk is free
2. Program is open to all, people of any age or experience level are welcome to take part
3. Field trip involves strolling / walking on dirt track
4. Carry sufficient water and snacks for individual requirement
5. Take care for mosquito bite
6. Please make your own vehicle arrangement to reach the location
7. Preferred attire, dull and non-glossy
8. And, silence is the essence of nature walk.
Assembly point: Main entrance of Lingambudhi kere/Sanctuary at 06.15 AM