Nature walk at Giribettada Kere
Post date: Aug 23, 2013 1:01:06 PM
Duration: 7.00 – 11.00 hr
Weather: Clear sky & very sunny
Participants: 35 members
Habitat: Tank, Rain-fed agricultural fields and Tropical deciduous thorn-scrub
- Plants in flower -30 species; Interesting ones- DIPTERACANTHUS PATULUS, SPATHODEA COMPANULATA, MILLINGTONIA HORTENSIS, HIBISCUS LOBATUS and CISSUS SATOSA in fruiting.
- Bird species -67; few interesting ones- RUFOUS TREE-PIE, BONELLI’S EAGLE, & COMMON WOODSHRIKE, COMMON SANDPIPER.
- Butterfly species -30; Interesting ones -COMMON PALMFLY, AFRICAN MARBLED SKIPPER, DARK GRASS BLUE
- Very few Blue Tiger and Common Crow butterflies were migrating in westerly direction.
- COMMON GREEN VINE SNAKE Ahaetulla nasuta was sighted moving on water surface parallel to bund.
Photo Credit: BR Sheshagiri
One can listen closely to birds and insects, observe flights of birds and insects, experience the vegetation diversity. Concentrate your senses to look and feel – a bird, a butterfly, a flower, a dragonfly, and a spider, so on. Nature walk provides exceptional opening for direct knowledge and thrilling specially for kids. Appreciate the nature’s tranquillity and refresh your spirit in wilderness.
When : 01.09.2013, Sunday
Where : Giribettada Kere and surroundings, Mysore District
Habitat: Water body, Agricultural fields and Tropical deciduous thorn-scrub
How long : 07.00 to 11.00 AM
Distance : 17 Km from Mysore Railway Station
Note & Tips:
- Nature Walk is free
- Program is open to all, people of any age or experience level are welcome to take part
- Field trip involves strolling / walking on dirt track
- Carry sufficient water and snacks for individual requirement
- Take care for mosquito bite
- Please make your own vehicle arrangement to reach the location
- Road is good, but be cautious about Sand Lorries and Private buses that ply rashly on this road
- And, silence is the essence of nature walk.
Assembly point : T Narasipura – Karanji Tank Road Junction at 06.30 AM
For more details, please contact:
+91-9480191661 / 0821-2461096 (7 PM to 9 PM )